Wind Power through Group Power!
Switch to clean renewable energy for your household.
Discounted Prices Just Announced
Important Renewal Information
The Groundswell negotiated rates with WGL are for new customers.
If you signed up with Groundswell previously and your WGL contract is up for renewal,
If you have trouble receiving these rates, contact Groundswell at
Your utility bill is a choice. Groundswell’s negotiated rates makes choosing clean energy easy and affordable
The power of buying in bulk – it’s the smart way to switch to wind.
Groundswell and partners have brought together more than 400 community organizations and 10,000 people to join in group purchases of wind power over the past seven years.
Why wind? Taking 5 minutes to switch to wind reduces your household carbon footprint by about 25%. Switching your home or apartment to wind is the carbon impact of planting 177 trees. If 1,500 people switch to wind power together, that’s like taking 2,250 cars off the road.
Your money matters! Instead of paying a coal plant to produce pollution and asthma, the money you pay for electricity will go to a wind farm and will help create a better, pollution-free future.
About Groundswell: Groundswell is a nonprofit that negotiates for you. For the past seven years, Groundswell has been helping communities save money and create a better future. People have the power to switch their electricity to wind power. If we do it together, we can save money and amplify our impact.
- You have the power to choose your electricity supplier.
- You still receive the same utility electricity bill and service.
- Your utility (BGE/PEPCO) still remains your provider
- No change in billing & payments
- No fees & nothing to install
- Will only be changing electricity supplier
- Competitive rates with your utility rates
- Groundswell vets and screens energy suppliers to ensure you get a fair contract and quality customer service.
- By switching to 100% wind power through Groundswell, people paid 10% less than if they switched on their own.
- PLUS a $10 donation back to Transition Howard County per enrollment
- This program is open to any Pepco, BGE, & Potomac Edison customer.
Add your name to the list of people supporting clean renewable energy and combating climate change!
Questions? Visit FAQs to learn more or contact email@example.com or 202-753-9672. View Groundswell Flyer